Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas with the boys



As every year, Christmas is a busy time for me. I left yesterday morning for a day trip to go see the kids. Trips to see the kids are usually tough for me, but the ones around Thanksgiving and Christmas are worse. I think it is because I have been running and running and don't get to stop. Any who, Sean and I bought the kids bikes for Christmas this year. This was Christian's first new bike. He had always had Hunter's old bikes. Hunter's bike was several years old, and he could use a more durable bike. Sean took extra care in picking out the bikes for the boys. He remembers how hard he was on his bikes, and it helped a lot in getting the right one for the boys.

We had picked out an orange bike with snake skin wheels for Christian, and Hunter a tricked out blue bike with Mag wheels. I still have no idea what the big deal is about Mag wheels, but what do I know I am a girl. We had gone around town looking for the perfect bikes and found them at two different stores on two different days. Anyways, when we got home and put them next to each other the blue one looked smaller than the orange one. Sean told me he didn't care if the boys switched as long as they were both happy with the switch. No big brother bullying. I will have to say that the snake wheels were very cool.



When I got to Lexington my dad met me right outside of town to take the bikes and get air in the tires. I went on to the house to open presents with the boys. When my dad got back I told the boys that there was a special present outside from their dad. They were very surprised when they walked around the corner of the house.



They of course switched bikes. It took a little convincing for Christian. When he had a hard time getting on the orange bike and the blue bike was a perfect fit, he was more than happy to trade. Christmas night I had asked the boys if they got everything they asked for, and both told me they were upset they didn't get bikes. It worked out great, and all that mattered was they were happy!

0 comments: