Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Trip to the ER

Sean had a clinical yesterday and had to leave to drive me to the ER. We got there around 5:20 p.m. and didn't get called back to see a doctor until 10:30 or so. They ran the same blood work that the clinic ran this week, but the results aren't in yet from the clinic. Everything came back normalfrom the ER, but they did a CAT-Scan just to make sure. While we waited for those results I was finally able to have a few hours of decent sleep, after some nice drugs. Finally the doctor came in and said that there was a thicking of the lining in my intestines. I was told that it could be anything from IBD (Irritable Bowl Disease) to Crone's Disease.

Before the results came back, I had one of the symptoms my friends told me about. My friend has a lot of medical problems, and is somewhat of an expert on the subject. So, I called him to ask what I should do. The clinic couldn't do anything because my blood work wasn't in yet. He told me to that I should probably go to the ER since it was 5:00 p.m. and the clinic was closed. Well, Sean came and got me and we got out about 7 this morning.

0 comments: