Saturday, May 2, 2009

Almost Over, and then I can sleep!

We went to Galveston last week to help Sean's mom move, and finish my Ceramics classes. It was a crazy week. We got there on Thursday and dropped my fish and cups off to be bisque fired. Friday, I spent all day in the library doing research and printing stuff off for a major paper I have. Saturday we helped Sean's mom move and clean her old apartment. Sunday, I spent all day at school under glazing the fish and glazing the cups. Monday, another all day affair at school. It was better because I was able to Raku fire all my pieces. Tuesday morning we got up at 6 am so we could be at school by 7:30 to see if my professor would do my critique. Come to find out they moved class from 8 to 8:45 this semester. I finally got my critique done about 10, and we were on our way home. We stayed the extra day so I didn't have to make the 4 hour trip again before graduation. I think I made an "A" in both of my ceramics classes.

Since we have been home I have been at the computer. My legs hurt right behind my knees when I sat down this morning. I think they were telling me I had been sitting in this chair for way too long. I think I have maybe had a total of 20 hours of sleep in the past two weeks.

I have been working on a research paper about college abandonment versus graduation attainment that was due yesterday. The professor gave me a 24 hour extension because my computer was as tired as I was. It kept freezing on me when I would try to save the work I had done. Doing something you don't want to do 4 and 5 times gets old fast. I will be glad when it is done and turned in. I was able to finish and submit my PowerPoint presentation on time.

When I was reading some of the information, I realized that right now that my education will come to a stop in just a few days. I'm not sure what to feel. I am excited that I will be done, but sadden that it is over. I would like to get my Master's, but not in Math. I don't know the first thing about applying to a Master's program. Where do I go now? What will I do? Will I find a job? I'm not a frightful as I think I would have been at 22 or 23. We will see.

After I turn this paper in, I have another 6-8 page research paper due in 2 days. Good news is I can sleep in three days! Break is over, back to the paper.

0 comments: