Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!

I have been super busy! I had two job interviews today and one next week.

I interviewed at Mart ISD with less than 200 students in the whole high school. They had the largest stipend I have ever seen at $5000. Hunter, however, is not going to be happy with me if I get the job because Lexington and Mart are like A&M and t.u.! I guess I will have to wear the split jersey if I work there.

After finishing up with Mart, I had to hurry to Temple ISD. I met with all 5 principals with a follow up phone call tomorrow. When I finished meeting all the principals, I found out that Temple only pays $500 more than Mart a year and I would have to worry about guns and gangs in Temple.

I then came home and called Region 12 about getting into the Alternative Certification Program (ACP). She said that I just need to come in for an interview and I could start classes. The program has already started, but they are going to let me make up in the spring what I missed.

After that I contacted WIA, which is a program that will pay for my ACP. I was worried that if I started before I went through the process they would not pay for it. The lady understood that they were making an acceptation for me and so I have an appointment with her on Monday.

I then checked my e-mail and found that Rosebud-Lott would like me to come in the following week to interview.

WOW!!! Things are really taking off and looking up! And not to forget that graduation is THIS Saturday!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Good luck! Hopefully, one will work out soon.