Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Granny, we did it!!


I feel a overwhelming sadness when I think about how you are not going to be watching me walk across the stage in just a few weeks. Our goal we started years ago has come to an end. I know how proud you were of me, and I know how proud you would have been. I finished my last class just hours ago, but what do I do now? You would have been the one that I called to ask. I miss hearing your voice, and reassurance. You always knew just what to say exactly when I needed it. I look back over the last few months you were here.

I am saddened when I think of the times you would call so early in the morning just to talk or check on me. I would look at the phone and tell myself I would talk to you later. Why would I not get up and talk to you? You were always there when I called. Now the phone will never say Granny again. I miss you so much! I am unable to sleep because for the first time in my life, I don't know what to do! You are not here to guide me and tell me what I should do. Everyone tells me that I am strong, but my strength came from you. When will I stop picking the phone up to call you? When will it stop hurting? Will the hole ever get smaller? You weren't suppose to go, you weren't suppose to go yet, not yet!

Granny, to hear your voice again..... to hear you say, "Kristi, it's Granny." as if I did know. To hear you tell me how proud you are of me. Just one more Granny hug was all I wanted. To feel you frail arms wrap around me. To hear your rings clink together because they were to big. To call you after the A&M, t.u. game.

I miss you so much each and every day. You were my counselor, the person that would tell me the truth no matter if it hurt or not. The one that no matter what I did or said, you always made sure I knew you loved me unconditionally.

I will always treasure our conversations on my way to school, and even though the miles separated up physically I could always feel your love. Granny, we did it, we finished school. From one graduation to another!

0 comments: